Drivers across the state understand how dangerous it can be to drive while distracted but a recent poll shows that they may not realize just how dangerous it is. Keep reading to find out why distracted driving is one of the top causes of car accidents in the United States and in California. If you have been involved in an accident, contact The Law Offices of Larry H. Parker at 800-333-0000 for a free legal consultation.
The Results of a Recent Pool
The car manufacturer Volvo worked together with The Harris Poll to study distraction and its effects on drivers. The purpose of the poll was to discover which drivers are most prone to taking part in dangerous behaviors. The results were interesting, to say the least:
- There are more drivers worried about the danger of distracted drivers than drivers worried about drunk drivers or drugged drivers.
- Today there are more things that can distract drivers than ever before. This includes cars, infotainment centers, GPS, and others.
- The people most likely to use their phones while driving are millennials, as many would guess. However, baby boomers make up a very close second place.
- Most people surveyed reported that they are better about distracted driving, including texting and driving, than most other drivers on the road.
- Other activities people take part in while driving include reading emails, watching videos, and posting to social media.
Do any of these facts surprise you or did you already know that distracted driving was such a universal problem? One of the best ways to fight this particular problem is to make sure that everyone knows just how dangerous it is to drive while distracted – and that requires holding those who do it accountable for the consequences.
Get the Compensation You Deserve
If you have been involved in an accident with a driver who was distracted, or you have lost a loved one in a catastrophic car accident, then your next call should be to a personal injury attorney. At The Law Offices of Larry H. Parker we will begin the process with a free legal case evaluation. You will tell us about your situation and the evidence you have. We can then give you our best legal advice regarding whether or not you have a case.
If we determine that you do have cause for a lawsuit, and we agree to take on your case, there will be no payment due to us until we win your case. There will be no payment due at all if we do not win your case. Contact The Law Offices of Larry H. Parker at 800-333-0000 now to schedule your consultation.