Nephrogenic Systemic Fibrosis (NSF) in Riverside
California NSF Attorneys
MRIs (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) and other scanning techniques frequently inject a contrast agent, called gadolinium, which distinguishes the different types of tissues when reading scanned images. After an MRI, most people quickly flush the contrast agent out of their system. However, the contrast agent can cause a condition called Nephrogenic Systemic Fibrosis (NSF) in people with advanced, pre-existing kidney disease or damaged renal function.
Facts About NSF
- Nephrogenic Systemic Fibrosis creates tissue fibrosis, which increases collagen in the tissues, creating scarring, discolored bumps, thickening, or excess connective tissue.
- NSF is a new disease, first recognized in 1997, and first described as its own disease in 2000.
- NSF severely restricts joint movement, making it difficult to bend or move.
- Fibrosis often affects the legs and arms first, but can become widespread, affecting the eyes and internal organs, such as the lungs, heart, esophagus, skeletal muscle, and diaphragm. Symptoms include, pain, itching, burning, and difficulty walking, which may result in wheelchair dependence. In some cases, NSF is fatal.
- Symptoms emerge anywhere from two days up to 18 months after use of gadolinium contrast agent in an MRI or MRA.
- Researchers confirmed the connection between gadolinium and NSF in 2006.
- Approximately 5% of people with impaired kidney function or failure suffer from NSF after an imaging that used gadolinium agents.
At The Law Offices of Larry H. Parker, we help people who have been diagnosed with NSF. We maximize recovery by holding gadolinium manufacturers accountable for inadequate side effects research or failures to warn about risks.
Over the past 35 years our skilled NSF attorneys have successfully tried or settled cases on behalf of tens of thousands of clients. We draw on extensive knowledge and proven strategies, bringing resolution to corporate negligence and harmful pharmaceutical drug cases.
We Can Help
- The Law Offices of Larry H. Parker offers free, confidential consultations with no obligation.
- If we don’t get you any money, we won’t charge you a dime.
Call our Riverside office today at (888) 732-1347 or contact us using our case submission form.
Tough times call for tough lawyers. We'll fight for you!®