Frequently Asked Questions
- In California, what damages may an injured party recover?
- Is there a deadline for filing a claim?
- Can I still recover damages if I was partially at fault in an auto accident?
- Do you charge for calls or online forms?
- What are your fees if you take my case?
- Can you help me find a good doctor?
- Why do I need a lawyer if I can file a claim myself?
- What if the insurance company won't settle my case fairly?
- What if I have other questions?
Contact The Law Offices of Larry H. Parker today
- If we don't get you any money, we won't charge you a dime.
- We offer free, confidential consultations with no obligation.
- Call our Riverside office at (888) 732-1347 or fill out our online form today. We'll fight for you!®
In California, what damages may an injured party recover?
Under California law, The Law Office of Larry H. Parker pursues claims for economic and non-economic damages in auto accidents, personal injury, products liability, and other types of injury cases.
Economic damages may include:
Non-economic damages may include:
Our firm is a powerful legal team, and depending on the circumstances of your case, we may pursue punitive damages as well. The court would award punitive damages to punish a wrongdoer and discourage others from committing similar actions.
Is there a deadline for filing a claim?
Yes. Deadlines vary for filing personal injury claims, based on the type of claim and the circumstances of the injury or wrongful death. For example, the law generally bases medical malpractice claims on the date of malpractice discovery, whereas the deadline for an accident claim begins at the date of the accident and injury. In most cases, the deadline for a personal injury claim is two years, but if a government entity is involved, you only have six months.
Our San Bernardino and Riverside injury attorneys at the Law Offices of Larry H. Parker can help you understand the complexities of claim deadlines as they apply to your case.
We cannot stress enough the importance of seeking legal help as soon as possible after injury or as soon as you suspect liability on the part of another. If you fail to file within time limitations, you lose the opportunity to pursue a claim.
Can I still recover damages if I was partially at fault in an accident?
Under California liability law, even if partially at fault, you may be able to recover damages. A percentage of liability may be determined for each party involved in an auto accident. For example, if The Law Offices of Larry H. Parker can prove that the other party was 90% at fault, you may be able to receive 90% of the recovery amount that would be awarded to someone who was completely without fault.
Do you charge for calls or online forms?
No. These services are free. The Law Offices of Larry H. Parker charges nothing to evaluate your case. Also, your information is held confidential.
What can I expect if I filled out a form?
- We usually reply quickly—in less than 30 minutes after receiving an online submission (during business hours). If you emailed after business hours, we usually call you the following morning. Please be sure to include an accurate phone number in your submission.
- We evaluate your accident or injury and tell you our legal opinion about the prospects of pursuing a claim.
- You may choose to retain our firm or seek advice from another lawyer.
- Your evaluation is free, completely confidential, and you are under no obligation to use our firm.
What are your fees if you take my case?
There are no upfront or out-of-pocket fees when we take your case. The Law Offices of Larry H. Parker works on a “no recovery, no fee” or contingency basis, which means if we are not successful in getting you money, you do not have to pay us for costs.
Can you help me find a good doctor?
Yes. We work with excellent doctors, who have extensive experience treating accident victims and who do not charge upfront for their services. We can help locate a doctor near you and are happy to schedule an appointment for you.
Why do I need a lawyer if I can file a claim myself?
Mountains of complex paperwork, low settlement proposals, and delayed or denied claims are the main reasons The Law Offices of Larry H. Parker should handle your injury claim for you.
Insurance companies are looking for any possible excuse to deny or reduce compensation for a legitimate claim. Our lawyers are skilled negotiators with years of experience under our belts. We understand the curveballs that insurance companies throw and know how to play hardball. Your chances of maximizing recovery (even after deducting attorney fees) and avoiding delay are much greater with a competent lawyer managing your case.
What if I have other questions?
Call our firm at (888) 732-1347 or email your questions. We are glad to answer any other questions you have.